Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Notebooking.





We are notebooking American History this year. We use a variety of sources, some are from this site, Notebooking Pages, and some are from the homeschool estore. A lot of times, we just write and draw what we've learned about. I say "we" because it seems to go better if I just join in and make one too. They don't copy mine, but my doing something instead of just sitting there watching them, seems to get them started. Older son doesn't do the notebooking. He's never liked it, so he goes off and answers the questions at the end of each chapter in the book.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I've been looking below at all of your notebook pages...they are great!!!

Daisy said...

Um... What's that purple thing? It looks like a person's head with an X on it...

Fatcat said...

It's my youngest's silhouette, kind of. He kept moving. We turned off the lights and shone a flashlight on him and did a silhouette with a white crayon. The x is because he kept moving and I had to turn the paper over and try again. This was apparently a colonial art form, although probably not done with a flashlight ...

Daisy said...

"This was apparently a colonial art form, although probably not done with a flashlight."

ROFL

Do you think colonial children were less wiggly? ;o)

Core Foundations said...

I have to do notebook pages with my kids too! (Really, I do it for me and my own enjoyment, but I write "sample" on it and tell them it's just to provide a springboard for them.) ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails