Saturday, December 02, 2006

Shopping.

I can't believe it, but I'm thinking of shopping around for a new curriculum. I've been a big KONOS fan and I know it works, but there is so much work to it for the teacher and with my job, my cafepress store and my general lack of enthusiasm lately, I've found it very hard to make the herculean effort of planning that it takes. I have to read through the material, make a shopping list, make a list of books at the library to get (which they frequently don't have) and plan all the crafts, experiments and activities and sometimes I don't know the information and then have to find a reference book so that I can learn about it first. When I feel up to it and excited about it, it's a wonderful curriculum and I know the kids learn a lot. We went to see Happy Feet last night and thhey were discussing the emperor penguins, rockhopper penguins and leopard seal from the movie very knowledgeably last night, because we studied Antartica last year. I don't know whether to get a kit or something to help with KONOS and still use it, or to try and find something easier or maybe just do a Christmas unit this month and then get back into KONOS next month. I won't make any rash decisions but I think I'm going to start selling some of my extra books on ebay to start raising money to do some shopping.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

I often take off as much as a month or two at the holidays for a unit study. It works quite well for us.

Anonymous said...

I say do your Christmas unit, and then reassess after the new year! *Smile*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails