Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Back to Work.

Today the kids have "play all day day" as my youngest calls it. We don't have to go anywhere and they can finally enjoy their Christmas presents without interuption. Their Dad and I have to go back to work. Joy.

Here are some messages I've gotten from my computer this morning, which will indicate how this morning is going so far.

Welcome. Enter password.
Start downloading information. Please wait ....
.........................................................................
Updates failed. Abort? Retry?
Abort.
Stand by. Turn off. Restart.
Restart. (wait while rebooting)
USB human interface device not recognized.
bong. bong. bong. bong. bong.
(unplug and replug USB human interface device about 5 times with no response)
(sigh)
Stand by. Turn off. Restart.
Restart. (wait while rebooting.)
This time the human interface USB device is recognized.
Welcome. Enter password.
swwooshhshhwwooshhhwoooshhh (sound of dial-up dialing up)
The connection to the server has failed.
Please wait ................................................................................
.............................

One hour and 21 minutes later, I start typing my first report of the day.
Then I get a phone call.
Then my 8-year-old walks in the room and orders a triple decker peanut butter sandwich. Apparently peanut butter is one of your more difficult sandwiches to make and he can't yet do it without tearing the bread.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope the rest of the day goes better!

Mama Heffalump said...

I have not yet come across the bread that can withstand the spreading of peanut butter... Hmm... Sounds like a science project to me! *LOL*

Being the technical whiz that you know I am, I feel your frustration!
*Hugs-a-bunch*

Fatcat said...

I felt like throwing that "human interface device" otherwise known as the keyboard, through a window! LoL. Thank goodness, most days are not like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails