Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas.

I hope your Christmas was truly happy. We are taking a little break between events right now and I'm hoping for a nap. I did not get much sleep last night. I didn't get to bed until 2:00 a.m. and my youngest popped out of bed at 3:30 saying that Santa had come. I had to be the meanie and make him go back to bed. This mama is too old to get by on 1 1/2 hours of sleep. Oldest son got up at 5:30 and was going to rouse the house, but thankfully, his Dad stopped him. Finally, at 8:00 a.m. I was ready to get up!

The middle-of-the-night thing is one of the things I don't like about Santa. How are parents supposed to get any sleep? The fact that we do all the work and he gets all the credit really bugs me too. This year, old Santa had a more limited role than he has in years past. This year, all the really cool stuff came from Mom and Dad and Dad finally got the credit he deserved for waiting in the Best Buy parking lot for 12 1/2 hours on the day after Thanksgiving!

Our house looks like it was attacked by a toy-throwing angry mob and I am not going to clean it up. Not today. I'm going to take a nap.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! And thank you for expressing some of the same things I've been thinking about the guy in the red suit. LOL

Eliza said...

Merry Christmas! Take a long nap and have a wonderful holiday cause it sounds like you need it. Amazingly enough I don't think I remember my brother and I running my parents out of bed over Santa but I do remember one year we woke them up because the Easter bunny hadn't left any baskets yet and I think it was probably about the same time as your son's first wake up call. :)

Lynn said...

I hope you were able to get your nap!

Mama Heffalump said...

Rosie was awake ALL night! *Yawn*

Sounds like you had quite a celebration going on there! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails