Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Getting verification.

A few months ago I was talking to some friends about youngest son's learning issues and one of my friends recommended that he apply for services at our local vocational rehabilitation office.  So I called them and they set up an evaluation.  About a month ago youngest son met with a psychologist for several hours and just last week we got a report that we can take to the college and ask for accommodations for his now-verified disability.  The reports that we got from Voc. Rehab.  said essentially what I've been saying all along - that he has dysgraphia, but is gifted in all other areas.   I am not sure how this is going to affect his college life and work life, but it's a fact of life and we have to deal with it.  I think he's going to do great in life, once he decides to start.  Right now he's kind of in limbo and I need to keep after him to get started with something.  He still doesn't have his driver's license so that's the first step, then getting him registered for college classes and pushing him to start.  His brother and sister before him have also done this "gap year" and both are gainfully employed now, so I'm trying to relax about him and work on my own job search for now.  (That's not fun, but I'll talk more in detail about that in another post!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails