Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Reality.

We're back to reality, mostly, around here.  Youngest son loves Christmas and our tree is very pretty this year, so he wants to leave it up for the 12 days of Christmas, theoretically taking it down after January 6, the epiphany.  What will likely happen is that is the first day that he will even listen to my asking him to take it down and he will actually take it down several days later.  Whatever.  I don't really care.  I'm busy getting down in the dumps, fed up with my job search.  I do kind of have a job, a freelance independent contractor gig for a transcription company but their pay is abysmal and, contrary to what Joey Tribbiani thinks, that is not a good thing.



I've got a job interview on Friday but I am not very hopeful.  It's a p.r.n. job which means "as needed" and it's far away, so it would be a long drive.  I doubt I can make that work.  We'll see, I could be pleasantly surprised.  I don't really want to do transcription anymore anyway.  I'm tired of it, my arms are tired of it, my back is tired of it ... you get the point, but it's hard to convince the people who hire people that with my bachelor's degree in child development and my transcription diploma, I don't really want to work with children or do transcription.  That's all they can see.  Probably my best hope is to get some kind of transcription job and then move into another position eventually.  I hate the word eventually and I'll be honest, I hate having to start over at this point.   

Welcome to 2017.    Sorry about the whining.  

Good things this week -- we've still got family parties to go to, our internet is back on, we've got wedding plans going on and that's exciting, the fact that its a destination wedding means we get to go on at least a mini-vacation this year and it might snow tomorrow.  I can't help it, I love snow, at least once a winter.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails