Saturday, November 05, 2016

Kinda feel like I'm in limbo.

You all know how I like my routines, my lists, my knowledge of what I need to do on any given day and I want to get settled in a routine, but without a job, I'm finding it difficult.  I interviewed for another one last week, but they didn't offer it to me and honestly, it wasn't a good fit.   Lately I've been concentrating on getting the house in order, lots of cleaning.  I've been washing the walls and getting ready to paint the bathroom this week.  I also washed the walls in a couple of other rooms.  This week I have big plans to clean the oven/stove, clean off the porch and all kinds of other exciting things too numerous to mention. We also have plans to see friends and go to a baby shower for someone I really don't know all that well.   I kind of feel like I'm in limbo, but sometimes that's just life.

We had a board game meetup yesterday that went well.  Basically, we've gotten to where it's just 3 families, but it makes for a good group of about 6-7 and they have a good time playing games and talking.

I saw the rheumatologist this week for my long-awaited visit.  Basically all she has to offer me is pain meds and physical therapy.  We'll see how that goes I guess.  Apparently, my double-jointed-ness in my knees is the main problem, as I suspected.  The hypermobile joints are unstable, causing sprains and causing the arthritis to settle in later.  :-(

Today, my daughter has biofeedback for her migraines (which is helping) and then we may get the bathroom paint and start on that.  The bunk bed is almost completely reassembled in its new location  (exciting!) and now we need to start moving the office, building new porch steps and repainting the kitchen ceiling, so lots to keep me busy.

We are anxiously awaiting the ACT results which may possibly be posted on Tuesday, election day, which we are also kind of anxiously awaiting/dreading.  I'm pretty sure my candidate won't be elected.  I'm supporting Johnson as an alternative to the 2 main parties, which both, pardon the expression, suck.

So anyway, that's what's going on with us.  Not exciting right this minute, but in the next few weeks, we've got Thanksgiving, putting up the Christmas tree, Mom's Christmas shopping day, a Christmas Bazaar, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Gilmore Girls, Thanksgiving visitors and lots and lots of fun stuff.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails