Monday, September 26, 2016

Keeping Surprisingly Busy.

Even though I am not currently employed and not currently homeschooling, I still feel like I have a lot to do.  This past week has involved taking my son driving, supervising a board game meetup, taking the kittens to be spayed and neutered (and picking them back up again), lunch with a friend who was on vacation, a job interview, getting together with homeschooling friends, working at the store we sell our art at, taking my daughter to biofeedback lessons (for her migraines, over an hour from home, so a 3 hour time investment), car shopping, going to church, grocery shopping and seemingly endlessly working on getting the house in better shape.  Today I don't have a lot planned so I am going to try and catch up on some things.  I may start painting the baseboards.  Sigh.  I seriously hate to paint but our house, after 19 years of living here, is needing some attention.

The kittens were so funny after their surgeries.  They are back to normal now, thank goodness, but the first couple of days, their eyes were dilated and they were not too steady on their feet, but happy and I told the kids we should rename them from Duncan and Squinch (youngest son's idea for a name) to Happy and Loopy.  Squinch just rolled around on the deck for a couple of days and I swear she was smiling.  :-P

I really enjoyed getting to meet up with my friends and the kid's friends this week.  Usually we don't do it that often, but the kids have been lamenting not seeing their friends much and they still depend on me to make social arrangements for them so I set some things up.  I'm trying to get them to contact their own friends and take initiative but this is one thing they are really bad at.  I am not sure whether to blame homeschooling, their shy natures or a combination of both, but for now, I do it.  I'm kind of hoping that at some point, both of these two at home will find at least slightly more extroverted partners who will arrange social meetups for them or that eventually they'll take responsibility themselves.

I did participate on the #describeyourselfin3fictionalcharacters thing on Facebook this week.  Here's my group.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails