Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Driving again.

This morning, while driving, we saw a little flock of wild turkeys.
I took the boy driving again today.  His sleep schedule has been crazy lately.  He was doing some experiments to see how different types of sleep schedules affect him or something.  I don't know, but the result is that he's been sleeping at odd times and up at odd times and it was hard to schedule driving with him when he was awake and when my car was home, but we managed it today.   I let him drive for about an hour in this little subdivision close to where we live  (not our road, it's a killer) and then I let him drive on the main road to come home.  He did okay but for one incident.  I was trying to explain to him that he should stay in his lane when he turns left and aim for the lane that he will be driving in after he turns instead of cutting the corners and he got annoyed with me and took a curve too fast, inducing fear in me and making me have to use my inhaler.  It seems it's my fault for explaining what the policeman will be looking for when he gives the driver's test?  All 3 of my kids have gotten upset with me for taking a quick indrawn breath when they go too fast.  Well, sorry.  They don't have any idea how terrifying it is to teach a kid to drive and how much I don't want to do it, but I do it anyway and when I'm scared, I can't help it if I breathe in a gasp sometimes.  Hey, it happens. This is some scary stuff.  Also, they have to deal with it, because there are no other adults in their lives volunteering to do this.  They are stuck with me.  I comfort myself that I have survived the older 2 learning to drive and they drive well now.

 
Today he drove for the first time on the main road. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails