Monday, December 21, 2015

Trying to work up some good cheer.

I'm not being very successful at it, truth, be told, but I am doing the next thing with the holiday preparations.  I wrapped a few presents today.  I listened to Christmas music.  I lit a chocolate scented candle that smells so good, it is probably fattening.   We had the Christmas Cantata at church, which went well and the Christmas play last night, which is always fun.  I enjoyed talking to some old friends.  I'm feeling a bit stressed that we have doctor's appointments this week and next week, I have to work on Christmas eve, Christmas day and the day after, that my son and his girlfriend are not coming to visit until after Christmas and I don't know when we are going to celebrate and to top it off, an opening came available in the assisted living facility that we were waiting on and we have to move mom sometime in the next 30 days.  I'm also dealing with the occasional wave of grief for Christmases past that hits me every now and then, like this morning, when I was in the kitchen washing dishes.  Oh well.  Everything including Christmas changes and we have to adapt to it.

I made this art this morning to help me get in the spirit, whatever that means.

Still, feeling a little like this ....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails