Monday, September 22, 2014

Knowing which thing to focus on.

That's the hard part about days off.  Should I go to mom's house and clean or should I sit by the phone waiting for her nurse practitioner to call or should I actually go see her or should I stay home and work on my own house?  My son is up early this morning, doing his schooling because he learned from being busy with my plans last Monday all day and getting behind, that he should get up and prioritize.  That's huge.  One of the things that is kind of bad about our kind of homeschooling is the tendency to slack off for the whole week and catch up on Friday and the tendency to be lazy and sleep in.  I know that teenagers internal clocks are different and they need to sleep in a little, but these youngest 2 of mine carry this to ridiculous proportions.  My daughter stays up late into the night working on her book (she's writing a novel) and then will sleep half the day.  My son is a little better. Right now, I am glad that he's awake.  I've already had a Jehovah's Witness at my door at 9:00 on a Monday morning.  Did they really think that someone would be home?  I mean, most people aren't.   I was polite but firm.  There's no chance that I am going to be converted.

Also, this morning, as I mentioned, I am expecting a call from mom's NP so I can get my son to man the phone while I take a shower.  It's nice to have someone around and awake in the morning to do that.  Sometimes my shower gets procrastinated into the afternoon for these kinds of things and I don't want that to happen today.  It's already 11, so I'd better get in there now!

Have a good day everyone!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails