Friday, September 12, 2014

Checking off a few things.

I'm not getting as much as I would like done, but my daughter and I did go over to mom's house and clean for a couple of hours yesterday.  I'm going to try and do that every day that I don't go and see mom.  Starting tomorrow, I want to get some pictures of things that we will be selling.  :-(  Again, nothing I actually want to do but it has to be done.  At this point, we are talking to a lawyer about the best way to proceed with selling the house.  I think we got some bad advice from the people who are doing the VA benefits and we almost made a very costly mistake, but fortunately, we talked to the lawyer first.  I hope from this point on things will go smoothly.  That's too much to ask isn't it?  I am actually hoping and praying that the next door neighbors will purchase it in order to keep their wonderful peace and quiet there.  It's one of those situations where there are only 2 houses and they are pretty close together and all of the other neighbors are pretty distant, so it's kind of a weird forced intimacy (not really, but you know what I mean) with the one neighbor who is right there.

My son is doing well with school.  When my daughter and I came home from working on mom's house, he was cleaning the bathroom.  He's re-instated (on his own) the chores that are linked to when you get up in the morning (more chores the later you sleep).  He's making a concerted effort to try and get up when his alarm goes off, but hasn't done all that well with it yet.  Consequently though, he's been doing a lot of chores without being told, which is awesome.  The little anti-helper as we used to call him when he was a toddler, is growing up.

Instead of cleaning mom's house, I will go see mom today.  I dread it because I am driving a HORRIBLE CAR that puts me in a really bad mood every time I have to get in it and  because there is road construction that I will run into all the way up there and all the way back.  Last week, the 45 minute trip took an hour and a half.  Not fun. Part of me wants to post a picture of the vehicle I am driving and explain in detail why I hate it and psychoanalyze myself for feeling this way and another part of me just doesn't want to go there, so I won't go there, but let me tell you, it's not pretty and it brings up some aspects of my personality that I'm not proud of, for example, my pride .. I'm not proud of my pride .. that sounds funny.

Anyway, that's what's going on with us today.  There's a feel of fall in the air, there are reports of As and Bs from our son in college, school is going well here and I am feeling very grumpy and angry.  Not pretty, but true.

Keeping it real folks.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails