Friday, March 02, 2007

Another day off.

The kids got another day off today because I didn't get my list done. It totally wasn't my fault; there actually were no typing jobs in the typing queue for me to do this morning. That almost never happens. Still, I feel honor bound to give the kids the day off. This system of ours is working because we all agree to the terms - I do my exercise routine, chores and half my work from my job before 11:00 a.m. or the kids don't have to do school or chores. It sounds crazy, but it works for us. I'm keeping up with the housework better, not procrastining about work (and ending up doing it at 11:00 at night) and exercising regularly. The exercising regularly part is for the first time ever. I've began exercise programs before, but always quit after about the third or fourth day. This time I've been exercising since November 12.

I didn't mind the kids having the day off, because it reminds me how proud I am that this is working.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just found your blog and while reading noticed that you are a Medical Transcriptionist, this is something I have been very interested in pursuing. I was wondering if you could tell me if experience/schooling is needed to take on this job and what do you think of it? Do you love it, like it, hate it? :)

I hope you don't mind me asking...

By The Way I Love Your Blog!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry, my email address is:
dailyrelease at yahoo dot com
and my homeschool weblog is:
www.homeschoolourway.blogspot.com

Thanks again!

Lisa said...

If it's not broken, why fix it, right? ;o)

Anonymous said...

I would love that routine, except my teen boys need to stay working and the little girls are very unschooly at this age. Everyone would looove to have every day off and Mama is not determined enough with the exercise routine.

I need to get moving. My oldest is getting married June 2 and I really want to lose 20 lbs or more. That was very realistic in January. The odds are slipping away from my favor each day!! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails