Wednesday, August 03, 2005

One of Those Days

Home*School*Home
I kind of feel like Alexander in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day, but it is totally my own fault. I was up late reading last night and then when I got up this morning to work, thought I'd sit on the couch to wait for my coffee to get done and maybe just cover up with this blanket ... and I woke up an hour and a half later. The coffee was done by then, but I had a late, late start. Consequently, I will have to fit in another work session this afternoon and not be as present in the kid's schooling today. I hate it when I do things like this. I need a little more self-discipline. Okay. A lot. I need a lot more self-discipline.

The younger 2 kids have gotten through reading and math and we are ready to start our KONOS afternoon activities. My older son has had the morning off of math and is just reading because he is very, very near the end of Harry Potter and I know how frustrating it is to be interupted when you are right at the end of a long book like that. (That is a definite homeschooling perk, getting to finish a book.) I hope the kids will learn during mom's crazy days like this ...

It reminds me of another song 'mama said there'd be days like this, my mama said."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need some self discipline, too, so if you figure out where they sell it, would you please post a link? :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails