Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Map Went Pretty Well.

In the KONOS book, it suggests using 4 pieces of plywood to make a giant map of the United States. The next time we do this unit, in a few years, we may get to do that. This time, we only had one piece of plywood but my daughter drew a really good map of the U.S. on it. I am surprised at how well she can draw something just by looking at it. She got in a predicament and I had to help fill in some of the states at the edges, but I think she did a really good job. Our map is large enough to jump around on and play some games while we are learning the states and sturdy enough to take a lot of jumping, so I think it will work fine. The boys are not as interested in this project as my daughter is, so this has kind of become her project. My older son doesn't enjoy this kind of thing, so I've got him started researching some information on each state to put on it, like a famous person from each state, or the most valuable crop from each state. Both sons have been helping with the painting. I think this is something they will definitely remember!

1 comment:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Sounds like a really fun project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails