Monday, August 01, 2005

Field Trip

Home*School*Home
We went on a field trip to the Falls Of The Ohio State park, where there is a large exposed fossil bed. It doesn't really go along with what we are studying right now, but August is the best time to see it because the river level is lower, so we went in August (barely). Public school here starts tomorrow, so any later in August and the kid's cousin couldn't have went with us.

I guess this field trip could go along with our study of frontier life a little bit, because it is "where it all began" for the Lewis and Clark expedition, although I neglected to talk about that today with the kids ... maybe I can mention it tomorrow? Anyway, it was fun and my 7-year-old fell into the Ohio river, so it was memorable.

3 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Homeschool field trips are much better than regular school ones because you can on them even if they don't go along with the curriculum. Glad ya'll had fun; it sounds like a great adventure.

Anonymous said...

Uhm, erhm, I hate to argue, but the Lewis and Clark expedition actually began in Pittsburgh, PA, where they picked up their boat. :-)

Fatcat said...

You can argue with the Falls of the Ohio museum people and not with me, because I forgot to mention it to the kids anyway. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails