Thursday, October 11, 2018

Work and a few other things.

I'm mostly just working or on my way home from or back to work.  I spend 2 hours a day on the road.  I generally don't mind driving, and I'm usually okay with working, but this 3 weeks of working all the time has been hard.  Today I'm getting a kind of a break, because we had a tree fall down across our driveway last night and I can't go.  My husband has gone to look at it now and then we'll see whether this can be addressed with the people and tools we have here or whether we'll have to call for help.  Meanwhile, I'm blogging and I'm going to take a bit of a break.  I'm tired and sore today.  I've been working all week and I started physical therapy yesterday to address my knee pain, foot pain and lower back pain.  Fun times.

Since I'm working so much, I've kind of streamlined all my other activities.  I did get to go out to dinner with my homeschool friends last week.  Almost all our kids are out of school and grown up and moving out on their own now.  One is getting married in a couple of months.  During this 6 weeks, I've cut out my volunteering because I am not the career-woman type and I need the weekend to get the house back in a little bit of order before I start the next workweek.  The young adults are relocating their Monday D&D group to our house for this week, so this weekend we will all have to up my game.  We'll have to get the house cleaned up, the flooring finished and the furniture all back in it's regular place.

Here's where the flooring is currently - one more little strip and it will be done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails