Friday, October 26, 2018

A disappointment.

Our local friendly game store is closing, so the place that the kids and I have been going to weekly for a while (some of us 4 to 5 times a week) not going to be there.  We've temporarily moved the board game nights to a local restaurant and it's going well there, but we feel like we can't play any of the louder games.  We currently have plans to finish getting our home back in order and host some events here.  We have to find a home for the D&D game that my son is the dungeon master of and that will probably end up being here at our house too.  My son said a few weeks ago that the dream would be to have it here and have his friends here for several hours and eat taco soup (that I had made) and get to hang out as long as they want.  So that's probably going to happen.  They have found a home for their Friday night game and so the big question is what to do with the Thursday night game.  It is run by one of the store employees so it may just go away.  I'm not sure what will happen. 

I've told my young adults that they need to be proactive in contacting their friends and making sure that they get opportunities to get together because these are great people and they need these friendships in their lives. 

Now we just need to get this house in order.  Asap.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails