Monday, October 22, 2018

What's going on.

We're just progressing through our new normal, trying to get the house remodel done at a stopping place by Thanksgiving.  We're planning to have my brother and his fiance over that weekend and so that's an arbitrary goal to get the house done.  Of course, they've seen it in the glorious before state, so they aren't expecting anything.  Still, I'd like to have it looking good.  We also are going to invite the board game group kids over for some sort of holiday party this holiday season. When we see them tomorrow, we'll try and hammer out a time for that.

I'm working.  I'm still in the 6 weeks of full time and I guess I'm doing okay.  I think it makes my Sjogren's syndrome and my arthritis worse to not get as much rest as I need.  They both seem to be flaring and I am having a hard time with every task.  Not fun.   Only 9 more work days and I revert back to my twice a week schedule for 2 weeks and then I have to start subbing for people for the Christmas holidays.  That's the thing about being an as-needed employee.  You just never know and you do tend to get some of the days that no-one else wants.  At this hospital, it's the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas and Christmas Eve.  I am used to having to work all the holidays for my last employer so to me, it's not that big of a deal.  However, some of those days I have to work the front desk and I really, truly hate that, so that part of it is a big deal.  I'll survive it.  The boss told me last week that they are thinking of making me a part-time employee instead of an as-needed employee so I will see if that will be a better deal for me.

The young adults that live with me, girl and youngest son, are still playing D&D and Pathfinder a lot and we're getting used to them not being here and my husband and I being home alone.  It's weird after 26 years of that almost never happening.  I figure they both will have moved out within 2 years.  That's going to be hard for us, but I guess we'll survive that too.  Probably.

Oldest son and daughter-in-law are in Mississippi and we keep in touch with face to face calls.  I miss them quite a bit.    They seem to be happy there and I figure they will stay so I'm trying to adjust to that.  I'll probably survive that too.

This early Monday morning, my focus seems to be on survival.   Hopefully, we will find ways to thrive despite the changes and challenges.

Hope your Monday is going well.

Sorry, there's nothing in this post about homeschooling.  We're done with it and I haven't wanted to change the name of the blog.  I will give homeschooling advice if you comment and ask me.  ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails