Thursday, December 01, 2016

Now, switching gears again.

For a long time we were doing home improvements, using the visitors as an excuse to get a bunch of things done around the house and now that's all done.  I still have some cleaning I need to do in my bedroom, the master bathroom and the laundry room and I plan to do that, but now there's not as much of a sense of a deadline to get it done.  So, we are doing some other things; starting to think about maybe getting ready for Christmas, filling out college and scholarship applications and sending ACT test scores, singing in the choir for the Christmas cantata, a Christmas bazaar this weekend, Christmas shopping with my old homeschool group, a Christmas party with my new homeschool group, a board game day and the thing I seem to do most, putting the dogs in and out and in and out and in and out.  I keep busy.

Speaking of our dogs, my daughter painted this picture of Cosmo at her art class.

I may also have gotten a job last night, part time.  A company called me to transcribe documents for them and they are going to give me a chance.  Hopefully that will go well.  I am proud that my husband can support us without me working, but I need something to do and we need money for the extras and the unexpected (vacations and vet bills, basically).  So we'll see how that goes.

As I fill out the college applications, I am sitting here worrying how my son's dysgraphia will affect him at college.  I hope that he will be able to get accommodations.  I probably need to take him to get him tested to verify his dysgraphia so he'll have something official.  This extra year between high school and college makes this whole process easier, giving me time to get all of this done.  I'm thankful he stayed home this year for that reason and also because if his going away to college had happened 2 months after my mom passed away, I just don't think I could have taken it.  ;-/


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails