Monday, December 26, 2016

A little late, but ...

I hope that each of you had a Merry Christmas!  We did.  I teared up a little when passing my Mom and Dad's house after leaving my mother-in-law's house, but at that point, I was so tired and I had had a good day, so the tears were minimal.  Also, I had prepared myself for it all week and was ready.  It's hard celebrating your first Christmas without either parent.  :-(  Add to that, my son and his fiancee not getting to be here and it was kind of hard to think about but at some point on Christmas Eve I decided to just enjoy what is and the four of us here lit candles, baked cookies, made chili and settled in for an evening of Christmas movies, church and new board games.  We ended up having a really good time.  We played board games again last night.  We've played 2 of the new ones and have 3 more new ones to go, so that's good.

I also got the Sims 4 for Christmas but I can't play it yet.  It needs, apparently, about 3 days worth of downloads and updates.  :-(  We're working on that now.

We've got another celebration tomorrow with my brother and his girlfriend and our favorite aunt so today we're getting ready for that.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails