Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Weird times.

I've been blogging for 11 years and in that time, we've had plenty of new normals to get used to. Right now, with no job, but looking for a job, I feel like I'm kind of in limbo.  I like being at home, but I don't like to think about getting a job and establishing a new routine, again.  Sigh.  As bad as the job I had was, it was the devil I knew, if you know what I mean.  I had a routine.  I got up, worked my 4 hours, took a shower and either did something with the kids, cleaned the house or went to see mom.  Now I've got those 'blank days' that I've always looked forward to and then freaked out about because I couldn't handle a blank day.   I'm doing okay with it, getting ready for our visiting family in November, doing some major house rearranging and reorganizing because it just needs to be done and I can do it now, trying to lose weight, trying to get some art done because it's selling pretty well right now and keeping much busier than I would have thought I'd be.  Right now I'm baking a quiche, sewing up my son's pants and blogging.  I've got a job interview on Thursday.  Sigh.  I'm tired of the whole applying and interviewing process.  It's hard putting yourself out there.  The last interview had a lot of very difficult questions about what I want to do with my life and where I see myself in 5 years.  Old.  That's where I see myself.  :-P   Now that I'm finished with homeschooling, I need something else to do that brings meaning to my life.  A few years ago we did personality types and I found out I am an INFJ which means that the search for meaning is particularly important to me.  This is a good article from Penelope Trunk about meaningfulness.

And here is a kind of explanation of what it's like to be an INFJ to be friendly and personable and yet introverted, it's a paradox.

Anyway, that's my "life after homeschooling" post (there have been many and there will be many more) but what are my homeschooled kids doing?  My oldest is getting ready to graduate from college with a degree in religion, my girl is working at a Montessori school and working on her novel and my youngest is working on getting his driver's license so he can get a job and save up and go to college next year.  He's also planning to retake the ACT this Saturday to try and improve his score and his scholarship opportunities because as we all know, working and saving for even a year won't pay for college these days. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails