Thursday, October 27, 2016

Still defending homeschooling.

At church yesterday I was talking about the little store where we sell our art.  Someone asked if we were going to keep doing it.  It has been a little bit profitable this year, mostly for the girl.  I don't know if I want to keep doing it but she does.  The main reason I decided to go there and sell things was that they required us to volunteer in the store and I wanted my daughter to be able to do it and get work experience.  She did learn to use the computer and the cash register and greet customers, bag their items, run their credit cards, etc., but now she has another job and is thriving in it.  So, I'd be okay with letting this one go.  We were discussing that my daughter is/has been shy and is getting out of it somewhat and one of the ladies there said "Well, did you homeschool her the whole time? That's probably why she is shy."  Now if homeschooling caused shyness, I'd have 3 shy kids instead of only 2.  My kids are introverts and the youngest is a bit shy, the girl is more shy and the oldest is fearless when it comes to meeting new people and doing new things, not shy at all.  I tried to explain it, but I don't think I got anywhere.

Oh well.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails