Monday, September 28, 2015

A good day.


This was a good Sunday.  I was feeling good because I'm on medicine and and I took advantage of it and did some baking and made a pot of chili.  It was my oldest son's (pictured above at the age of 2) 23rd birthday.  It makes us all feel old, and he's miles and miles away, but we chatted throughout the day and posted this pic of him on Facebook.  We baked a cake and ate it here in honor of his birthday.  It was the least we could do and it was delicious. His girlfriend's family had been cooking for him and fixing him all kinds of sweet treats, so he didn't miss out.

We finished the first month of the art class I am teaching at church and here are the results.  I think they look awesome.  Everyone put their own twist on it.  Also, at church, my youngest son came to the front and asked to be baptized.  


On the way home from church I had to take a picture of these fall flowers.  I love this time of year.  We live on the kind of road, where if you see flowers, you can just stop and take a picture of them.  :-) 

  Later last night, we realized that we couldn't really see the lunar eclipse from our house, so we took a little trip to go look at it, driving a couple of miles to a place where we could get a better view.  It was very fun.  We stopped a couple of places and looked at it for a while.  The night was beautiful and quiet and the lightning bugs were sitting on the ground glowing and outlining the road and it was very cool and kind of magical.  

Good day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails