Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Speech Recognition Fun, etc.

First the etc:  I did have some work today and I was thankful for it.  My daughter was babysitting but I didn't get to see the kiddos much because I had work and I wasn't going to miss out on it.   Right this moment, I'm out of work, taking a break, eating lunch, blogging and watching a little bit of The Mentalist, ...Netflixing, as the term is, for watching entire seasons of a show all at once.  What I made for lunch is kind of a long story.  I saw on Pinterest the other day that someone had made a pizza grilled cheese, basically instead of a slice of american cheese, you put mozarella, pizza sauce and pepperoni.  I showed it to my daughter and she made one the other day and said that it was good, but it used up the last of our gluten free bread.  So today, I used some of the Pamela's baking mix that I use for things like Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie and put in the leftover pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni.  It was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  Since the girl is not crazy about pepperoni and my gluten free cooking always seems to be whatever the other GF people in the house like, I'll make it next time with sausage.  Yum.  Another variation I have done with the cheeseburger pie was to rehydrate dried onions and make my own version of a White Castle hamburger.  I really enjoyed that, but again, the girl doesn't care for it so I won't be having it very often.  Unless, of course, I decide to do small, customized ones in muffin tins ... :-) You may have noticed I am giving up the nightshade free experiment.  I tried it for a couple of months and didn't see any remarkable improvement in my joint pain/stiffness, so I'm back on some limited tomatoes, ketchup and pizza sauce and things like that.  I still haven't been eating potatoes because I used to eat way too many and I don't really see the benefit of adding them back in.  The kids are doing better than usual with school this week.  They dived in and tackled their workloads yesterday.  We'll see if it continues, I guess.  It will be nice to have a more peaceful Friday night. 

Then the speech recognition fun:

The doctor said:  40 mg over the PEG once a day.  (which means the medicine was administered          through the stomach tube, a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy, PEG for short.)

It typed:               sporting over a bed once a day.

The doctor said:  comes to the hospital.
It typed:               Comes 2-D possible

The doctor said:  Not compliant with her clonidine.
It typed:               Not complying with a clot in her body.

It's hilarious when it's not your job to edit it.  :-P



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails