Friday, October 25, 2013

Now I know what true power feels like.

Just kidding.  That's a phrase my daughter used yesterday when I showed the baby how to flip the light switch because of the expression on the baby's face.  It was so cute.  Today, was kind of exhausting emotionally because I went and signed my mom up for the assisted living facility.  I didn't want to, but I do think it is the best thing.  Nobody feels comfortable with mom staying alone at night and nobody can really stay there either, occasionally yes, but not all the time indefinitely and we've gradually increased the hours of the girl who has been staying with her during the day, until it's just not feasible to keep paying that much all the time.  It's very sad.  I have been crying off and on all day long (while also working).  The kids were doing school when I got back and I felt like bargaining, so I made a deal with them for them to cook dinner instead of their cleaning chores today.   That was a great deal.  We had hamburgers and french fries. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails