Thursday, April 04, 2013

Thursday night.

It's 9:35 p.m. here at our house.  My husband has gone to bed.  I've just come back from volunteering at the children's hospital.  My daughter is doing Algebra 2 on Teaching Textbooks and my youngest son who is finished with school, is playing a video game.  They are both simultaneously listening to Jim Dale read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on the computer.  My daughter pauses it when she needs an algebra hint, which is verbal on the computer as well. 

I was looking for reading material this morning, searching for good books that we haven't previously read and I found this article. which expresses very well how our family feels about the Harry Potter books. Here's a quote:

"The quest for power without goodness is truly a journey toward pathetic and grotesque brokenness as is portrayed in the King’s Cross chapter in The Deathly Hallows when Harry is face to face with a visual depiction of Voldemort’s soul. Like the White Witch in Lewis’ The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, evil according to the Potter books cannot even comprehend the great strength of love and is ultimately destroyed by it".

My daughter just informed me that we need to go to the library.  We do.  We're addicted to books.
A word of caution, if you have this many books (37) checked out of the library at one time, don't let them get overdue.  Trust me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails