Sunday, June 12, 2011

What are the odds?

That both my husband and I would leave our wallets at home when we took the kids out to a restaurant last night for the youngest's birthday supper?  Sometimes I have a tendency to leave my purse or wallet at home, which is why I bought a wallet that is attached to my car keys in the hope that I will never again get to the grocery store without at least a credit card to buy groceries.  However, last night, I wasn't driving, so I didn't grab my keys.  I did pick up my purse so I had my checkbook and I went to the Kroger (grocery) store and bought a restaurant gift card, so it all worked out.  I even got quadruple gas points rewards on the card, how cool is that?  I might start buying gift cards all the time now.  We had a very good dinner and the boy got cake and ice cream so it was all good.

1 comment:

Henry Cate said...

Something like this happened to my brother on a high school prom date. He didn't have a credit card yet so he had taken cash. I think he had a hundred dollars. He had gone to an expensive restraurant and hadn't really paid attention to how much things cost. Luckily the resturant let him leave and return the next day with the rest of the money.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails