Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Exercise and more.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think that kids who get up early, ride a bus for 40 minutes, sit in a school building for 6 hours, ride a bus home and then do a couple of hours of homework before bath and bed are getting enough exercise, enough sleep, enough play, enough family time or enough time out in nature. My opinion is backed up by these scientific studies and articles.  

Even Kids on Sports Teams Don't get enough exercise.

The Importance of Play

Sleep and Kids.

The Case Against Homework.

Nature Improves Health

I remember when my kids were in school, feeling that I didn't have enough time with them, that we didn't have time to go on walks and play.  Homeschooling is such a relief after 6 years of public schooling. 

1 comment:

Mary Prather said...

You can say that again!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails