Sunday, January 10, 2010

Working this weekend.

I'm working a lot this weekend. We took 2 snow days and I let the kids play outside, but I do think we'll have to buckle down and go back to school tomorrow, even though it kind of looks like we'll still have snow on the ground. I know, I'm horrible. I need to give some thought to what I'm going to do about math. A wonderful friend was going to share some math resources with me last Friday, but with the snow, I was afraid to venture down our driveway and out our street so we've postponed meeting until next Friday. Hopefully the weather will be clear and hopefully looking at those will help me decide what to do about math. Right now I'm thinking of using a checklist, trying to go through and see what they know and still need to know and making a how-to math notebook. Then, I'll use whatever DVDs, computer programs and math books I have to teach them the skills they are missing. We used Homeschool Math with them for several years, but then we got beyond its scope and we've kind of floundered, trying to find something we like equally as well for the higher grades. Now I really just need to find a good math skills check list.

Hey, it sounds like I might have a plan now. ;-)

3 comments:

Miekie said...

Good luck with the Math search! I had fun catching up on your blog. Your salsa chicken sounds great, but I am following (trying to follow) a salt free diet - read that salt is the cause of my restless legs syndrome. It was like a death sentence to me at first - I always used to add extra salt, but what the heck one can get used to anything. I even enjoy the corn and rice cakes now - I suppose you know them well since they are gluten free? Got to know them when my A.F.S. sister from Oregon came to visit - she is very allergic to gluten. But I can't say that I have enjoyed these corn / rice cakes until now. They're yummy!

Unknown said...

Always enjoy your blog entries. I am hosting an art giveaway that you might find interesting. Stop by when you have a chance to take a peek.
Blessings
Diane

Mother Mayhem said...

We are still struggling with the 4 basic math functions here. Sigh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails