Monday, January 04, 2010

Just the ticket.

An easy day was just the thing for us today.  There was some whining, but it wasn't too bad.  We got out the biology book we started on August and then got sidetracked.  At first the kids couldn't remember much about it, then they got out their notebook pages and remembered metabolism, catabolism, anabolism, herbivores, omnivores and carnivores, producers consumers and decomposers.  I love notebooking and they are really starting to come around with it too, when they realize how it helps them remember.  They also like drawing things and illustrating the science concepts, if possible, in a funny way.  The school work went well.  We also decluttered 2 boxes of stuff.  Each box is 12 x 24 x 11 so that's pretty  much 4 cubic feet of things we don't need that we're getting rid of.  Only 10 more to go!  We've got a lot of books, toys and games that no-one loves so I don't think it will be all that difficult.  I don't know, the last few boxes may be.  My closet is 5 x 5 x 8 so when I clean that ginormous mess out, it will definitely help with the boxes! 

I was surprised at how well the kids went back to the routine and me too.  It was good to be back to homeschooling. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails