Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday the 20th.

Today we're doing various things.  I have decided some things about the younger 2 kid's math.  On Monday's they'll be doing math with Dad, on Tuesdays we'll be working on the math notebooks (kind of a personal reference), Wednesday watching our math DVDs on a subject, then on Thursday doing worksheets on that subject.  On Friday, we'll be doing either math review or a problem from the book Calculation Capers which are math reviews as one large problem, such as planning a party and seeing how much it will cost to get drinks and cake, rent the skating rink and getting a 10% discount.  My daughter begged to do one of these today and surprisingly, I let her, even though it's not Friday.  :-)    I'll try and match up the review, the worksheets, the capers and the notebooking to the same subject, which shouldn't be all that difficult.  If things get too labor intensive for me, I tend to decide not to do them, so I need to balance their desires to have a variety of different math approaches with my need to keep it simple.

For my youngest for spelling, we're using the Sequential spelling lists, which normally he would write, but he has some issues with writing, so I'm letting him type them on the computer (today they used KidPix, above), spell them verbally, spell them with scrabble tiles, etc.  He's enjoying this much better than he would if he had to write them and he can concentrate on spelling instead of the mechanics of writing.  A couple of days he will have to write them, but not every day. 


We've also been doing some cooking.  The kids made Belgian waffles (oh they smelled yummy!) for themselves for breakfast and I made salsa chicken (yes, again!) for lunch.  

It's 3:30 and we're still not done with school, so I'd better stop blogging and get on it.  Speaking of blogging and cooking, I watched Julie and Julia yesterday and was not impressed.  It was just kind of blah, not something I want to see again and not what I expected.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Pepper said...

Tyler and I were not impressed by Julie and Julia either. Did you see Avatar? We're wondering if every story worth telling has already been told. It's hard to find anything original anymore. Do you have any good movie recommendations?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails