Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A week.

It will be a week at about 7:00 p.m. tonight that we've been without electricity.  The generator is worth it's weight in gold.  Yesterday, my oldest son and I ventured out to the laundromat and washed 4 loads of laundry.  That's expensive and interesting.  It's only the second time I've been to the laundromat in my life, that's how spoiled I am.  I talked to a lot of people up there who were in the same boat as us, looking at a week of no power.  Still, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't so bad.  It's inconvenient and expensive, but it's not life threatening or heartbreaking.  One of my fellow bloggers is dealing with losing her father this week.  She's on my mind today.  http://lottakids1961.blogspot.com/  

We're doing work and school today and trying to live normally despite the small inconveniences and the fact that our feet haven't been really warm for a week. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails