Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Quadruple Whammy.


I've mentioned before that our dog Max is a former shelter dog who has come to us with some fears, namely, brooms, sticks, balls, balloons (anything inflated) and pool noodles. After VBS my son brought home and inflatable dog toy that he won as a prize. He told me that Max was scared of it and said that it was a quadruple whammy for Max. I asked what he meant and he he said that 1. It's inflatable. 2. It's another dog. 3. The other dog is holding a (eeek!) ball and 4. It has a whistle on it. I don't think Max is actually afraid of whistles I think he just hates them for the same reason I do, they're loud and annoying. Anyway, the inflatable dog has been banished to the kid's bedroom where Max doesn't usually go, so the poor dog can have a little peace. He's already had a traumatic week with getting his ears cleaned and his nails trimmed and now we've gotten a new kitten ...
poor Max!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your dog was human, he'd have every excuse to be in therapy forever and hold the world accountable for all his hangups and actions. At least by the world's standards.

Hope he has some moments of peace. Glad he has you looking out for him.

Mama Bear said...

Poor Max! :o)

Fatcat said...

We take care of him. We're very careful to keep scary objects away. When I sweep, we put him outside. He hasn't seen that toy dog since we realized it scared him. He's such a sweetie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails