Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back to work etc.

I'm back to work today. I took off Saturday for the party so I've kind of had a little mini-vacation. It's been kind of nice. We did end up mostly taking the day off from school yesterday. We each did 3 of the things on our school/work lists and then we went on a little field trip with the local 4H club, the first time we've ever been on a 4H trip but it won't be the last. It was very nice and totally free. We got to tour a veterinarian's office. I got to talk to the vet about this pet food recall and she said that Max was probably okay since his initial blood work was okay. That made me feel a lot better. We also learned quite a bit about different kinds of pets. One little girl said she had a bunch of baby ducks and asked how she could tell if they were boys or girls. The vet said that she could bring them in for DNA testing or just wait to see which ones lay eggs, because even professionals can't tell the sex of a duck without DNA testing or doing an endoscopic surgery to look around in there. Weird, huh?

Today, though, we're back to work as usual and I'd better get going on it!

1 comment:

Henny Penny said...

Ducks... Who knew? I sure didn't! Thanks for sharing that lil tidbit! Glad you and the kids enjoyed the field trip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails