Saturday, March 18, 2006

Encounter at the Library

The kids and I were at the library, checking out a few Hank the Cowdog books and The Homeschooling Handbook and Homeschooling For Success. A lady who was checking out her books beside me and out of the blue, she turned and looked at me and said "Keep homeschooling! Make sure they have plenty of opportunities to do things outside the home too, but keep homeschooling! It's worth it." I talked to her for a few minutes, she'd homeschooled all of her kids and was a "retired' homeschooler. One of the pioneers, I guess. Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool. A little advice from someone who has "been there, done that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Dana, those early homeschoolers who did that in the early days are heroines in my eyes! Too cool that you got to brush shoulders with one!!!

Fatcat said...

I know. I wish I'd had a longer time to talk to her, but the library was packed and there were people waiting for us to check out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails