Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A New Direction.

We are still in the Cooperation Unit of the KONOS curriculum but now we are changing our focus from the United States and how they work together, to the different parts of the human body and how they work together. I hope it goes well. I always feel this fear at the beginning of a new unit, that no one will learn anything or that the only one of us who does learn something will be me. I think the KONOS book has a lot of cool activities, so I'm just going to open it up and get started tomorrow. I haven't yet got any books from the library, any videos or CDs, but we are going to go ahead and start with what we do have and proceed from there. I did open up the book today, look at the book and vocabulary lists and preview some of the activities we will do tomorrow. I am going to add in some experiments from the Usborne Book of Science Experiments that focus on the senses, just for fun.

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

Each book is for kindergarten through 8th grade so I think it would. There are some sample lessons on line. I'm make a post on the actual blog about KONOS so I can put a link to the sample lessons.

Anonymous said...

I like Usborne books, and their experiments are usually pretty easy to do. We use a lot of Usborne books with our curriculum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails