Sunday, November 20, 2005

Medical Transcription

As I've mentioned before, I do medical transcription at home. Yesterday, I had a particularly difficult dictation to transcribe. I let my daughter listen to the very end of it (no identifying data for the patient!) and she said what she heard was "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, ping!" It pings at the end of the report. My son said, in a different conversation, that his mom knows what mumumumum means because she types what sounds like mumbles to him. Ah, the joy of my work. Now I have to go back to listing to the blah, blah, blah and mumumumum and try to make sense of it.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Woo hoo! No HIPAA violation there. 8-) I used to be bad about leaving client claims lying about my home office, but have learned to put them away. I figured my daughter couldn't read yet and my husband lasped into a coma everytime I discussed work. Daughter can now read. Hubby is still unconscious!

Fatcat said...

I'm very careful what I the kids listen to, even though my hospitals are in two far away states and my kids are not exactly well-traveled little Kentuckians.

Fatcat said...

doo doo doo doo doo. When I start hearing that, it is time to take a little break!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails