Saturday, May 12, 2018

This stage of life.

I'm kind of worn out this week, and stressed, as I have to work that front desk job again on Monday.  :-(  I am not sure if this is just a temporary thing or if it is the new normal, but I'm not real happy about it.  I do now have 2 days experience, so that will help a little bit.  I negotiated with my boss to work as my normal schedule 2 longer days instead of 3 shorter days, so that helps my mood a bit.  I am busily working on trying to rebuild my life and actually have my own life.  For the last 25 1/2 years, my life has been completely devoted to the kids and now they are all adults and get kind of annoyed if I ask them too many questions about their lives, so I'm trying to build up mine, keep myself occupied and productive.  I'd like nothing more than to have 3 or 4 more kids to homeschool and be able to stay home with them and do that but that's not my reality.   I'm in the post homeschool, post raising kids phase and I need to take this time to prepare for my old age.  Blah.  I'm not excited about it, but there it is.  I'm getting ready to start volunteering again in the NICU and I think that will  help with my happiness and stress levels.   I got to take the tour on Wednesday and I really want to get back to doing that.  

The young adults who live here with me are embarking on a home remodeling project since the boy is out of college for the next month.  They are going to paint and spruce up the house and hopefully put down some flooring in several rooms.  We'll see how it goes.  We may need to hire some professional help.  They are pretty good at everything, so we'll see.  This is a bigger project than they've ever done alone, so it might be a bit much.   I'm excited about it.  We've needed some things done for a long, long time.  
A rare moment of peace between Freckles and Remus (granddog).  


Pretty springtime!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails