Thursday, May 24, 2018

Long work days.

When I first had to do long work days (8 hours, like a normal person!!) I had to figure out a way to help myself get through it.  The first day I did it, I drew the regular hash marks (also called tally marks).

Then one day I decided to draw a flower for each half hour.  That was enjoyable and even pretty, but it didn't help me keep up with the time because I had to just count them every time.
This is not the actual flower I drew at work.  I did this one at home with real markers.  The work ones are colored with highlighters.
 
So yesterday, I came up with this brilliant  (not) idea of drawing a circle then putting an x in it, the first half of the x at the top of the hour and the second at the half hour.  Unfortunately, then I also just needed to count to see where I was.


Finally, about halfway through yesterday, I just wrote the times down and marked them off.  Not elegant, but it got the job done.


What I feel that I need to do is somehow make getting through the day a game that I'm winning.  It helps me feel better about my day for some reason.  Does anyone else do this?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails