Sunday, May 06, 2018

Proud moments, good times and stressful times.

It's been a good week and a bad week (not the best of times and the worst of times, more in the middle).  We had a great Monday night dinner with oldest son and his lovely wife on Monday.    On Tuesday, we had a chorus concert for youngest son.  He was great!  He was in a duet and in a trio.  He didn't tell me anything about it so I was surprised, but what a good surprise!  It was awesome!  Then, let's see, Wednesday, it was supposed to be my only day off and I was supposed to spend it at home, getting the house cleaned up and taking a break.  Unfortunately, though, it was finals week for youngest and he overslept and then came running in my room asking me if I'd drive him to class because I was his only hope of getting there on time.  He has only had his driver's license about 9 months and he drives slowly and carefully.  I've been driving, a tad longer than that and I drive faster.  So, I took him to school and shopped while I was waiting for him to get out of class.  Then, Thursday and Friday at work, I had to work all day in a position that I had never been trained for.  It was pretty stressful.  I hated it.  I came home crying tears from stress both nights.  Then Saturday we attended a derby party ( a Kentucky thing) and were gone all day.  So I've got today to get church, visiting my elderly aunt in the nursing home, groceries, laundry and cleaning my house done, so that I can go back to work and start another week tomorrow.   It's 2:00 pm and I've got all of the out of the home stuff done today and I'm ready to start on the cleaning, but it's good to be home.  I'm in my comfy clothes and I'm going to do a clean and screen the rest of the day.  Whew.  It's a busy life, but it's mostly good.


Some of my daughter's artwork this week.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails