Thursday, November 30, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . .

We're getting busy for Christmas already.  I've got a lunch today, we've got a craft fair on Saturday.  On Friday night, we'll be putting up our tree and decorating.  Next week we've got whatever you call a Friend's Christmas gathering.  I know some people have Friendsgiving  but we do it at Christmas so I don't know what to call that. I guess just Friends Christmas.  :-P  We should coin a word.

Anyway, I'm hanging in there at work even though commuting and working in an office is all new (again) to me.  It's interesting, certainly not boring and there is a quite a learning curve so I'm still in the feeling stupid stage of getting a new job.  I hope that passes soon, but I'm starting a new work type, so I feel like it will continue for quite a while, unfortunately.  I like everyone that I'm working with and I like the atmosphere there, so that's good.

Youngest son is almost finished with his first semester of college and doing well.  He has learned a lot this semester and is looking forward to next semester, but really looking forward to Christmas break.  :-)   His choir had a concert the other night and it was awesome.  I'd show you a video but I've had the worst time trying to transfer the videos from my phone to my computer and I tried to upload them directly to the blog but that didn't work either.  I'll try again, so if you see a video here, you'll know I was successful. I have a tiny snippet of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah that might work since the file size is small. 

Daughter is getting ready for Christmas at her work.  Working with preschoolers makes the holidays even more fun.

I haven't seen oldest son and his wife since Thanksgiving because they are working 60 hour weeks right now.  I did hear from them by text today so I know that they're still alive and kicking.  Hopefully, they will be okay doing this for a few more weeks until Christmas/peak is over.  Whew.

I am in a good mood about the holidays, not horribly grouchy and grinchy as I usually am.  Of course I haven't started shopping yet, so that may make me get crabby for a few days with the pain of spending money!  :-)

Have a great week everyone!  December is almost here!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails