Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Life is going on.

My daughter made this apple dishcloth for the store where we sell our crafts.  She cleared 165 dollars last month.  I cleared 8.  Since I'm doing this for her to have some income, get some cashier experience and be comfortable in a working environment, it's a very good thing, no matter how little I personally make.   




I took these from the pool this past Sunday.  It was a beautiful day and the view from the pool is beautiful and my husband keeps the pool water so clear, it's wonderful.  I really appreciate it.  




We worked on our table in the store, trying to make it more vertical.  I think it looks pretty good.


Life is going on.  My son said that his first few weeks of adulthood did not go well and I agree.  He's had a hard time.  First my mom's illness, death and funeral and then our dog Lucy had to be put down this week.  She was falling and stumbling and finally was unable to walk, just lying by the road.  It was very hard on my son, but he lifted her into the car and carried her into the vet's office for me.  We're trying to look forward to better times.  I scheduled a board game party for us at the library, our oldest son and his girlfriend are going to visit in a few weeks, we're planning a trip to a museum while they are here and a homeschool group reunion and in November, a family vacation when we meet halfway to spend some time with my son, his girlfriend and her parents.  Today, I planted some bulbs a friend gave me, in lieu of flowers at my mom's funeral.  Planting flowers is a way to invest in the future.   The world doesn't stop.

3 comments:

:)De said...

So very sorry to hear about your mom. It is so hard. Wishing you peace and comfort. Are you guys gonna go to the Ark Encounter?

Fatcat said...

We don't have any plans to go to the ark encounter. I would like to see how big it is, but I do not agree that dinosaurs were on the ark and that would bug me a little. Still, it would be a fun day out. We haven't decided yet, obviously. :-) We live about 2 1/2 hours a way, so it would be a big trip.

:)De said...

I agree about the dinosaur thing. I will tell you though that it is an amazing thing to see. If you do come this way, be sure to email me at dmurphy716@aol.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails