Thursday, October 08, 2015

Another good article and updates.

What Homeschoolers Can Learn from Finland's Math Success

a leaf shaped like a star got caught in a spider web and decorated our deck for a while.  
As to what we are doing?  We are still Netflixing The Gilmore Girls, now on season 7.  Don't tell me how it turns out.  Okay, go ahead and tell me.  No.  Don't.  The suspense is killing me, but I guess I'll live.  I'm going to be really disappointed when it's over.

We also just finished reading The Copper Gauntlet which is the second book in the Magisterium series.  It was very good.  We are going to start reading the Bartimaeus trilogy again possibly tonight. We started it before but we were interrupted and never got started back.

I found out that I am totally in charge of the trunk or treat fall festival at church since I said yes to being on the committee for it, expecting 2 other committee members, but everyone else said no.   Uh Oh.  Doing a little planning for that.

I'm still teaching the art class.  We are well into our second project.  It's nice and has grown to 9 people.  How cool is that?

I've been having a lot of medical tests.  My neck has been hurting and I had an ultrasound and then a CAT scan and it turns out I have a tumor in my salivary gland, which looks benign, but I have to have it biopsied to make sure.  :-(  Every time I say the word biopsy, I think of the lady in My Big Fat Greek Wedding saying "bib- bop-sied".  I wish I could get it done today so I don't have to worry about it, but the appointment to see about it is next week.  Trying to put it out of my mind, without much success.

Still no word on mom's house.  :-(














.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails