Friday, December 04, 2009

Surprising to me.

I remember before my kids were born (back when I knew a lot more about parenting) thinking that really only kids under about 6 were cute to me.  I thought and said that I only thought kids were tolerable until they were about school age and then they became obnoxious.  I expected my kids to do the same, go through an obnoxious period from about 6 to 18 and then hopefully become okay again.  This is not what's happened.  They are delightful people even at the ages of 11, 13 and 17. Of course, I'm their mom and I would love them anyway.  The thing that is more surprising to me is how much I enjoy my kid's friends.  They are just wonderful kids, polite, funny and a joy to be around.  I'm privileged to know them and surprised that I feel that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I have loved my kids growing up. I thought that it was the baby stages I loved but it is not. although I love babies I love getting to know my kids playing boardgames interacting with them instead of always serving them.
http://wheelsonthebusgoroundandround.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails