Friday, November 06, 2009

Thankfully,


I'm not grouchy, like I was yesterday, today. Going to the skating rink and having the night off last night helped me I suppose. Whatever. I'll take it. The only thing is, my back is doing one of those things that it does sometimes, just to remind me that I'm middle aged. I stretched yesterday afternoon and my back kind of went into a spasm and now I can't really turn my head or look down ... it's so fun and interesting.

We're doing school today I guess. We've got one more item from the Freshwater Fred lending library to look at/listen to then we'll be done with those and I'll send them back. (and get some more!!) The copywork thing is going well. He's doing really good with it. Unfortunately, he's still reversing his numbers on math. I may have to make him do another problem if he reverses numbers in the one he's on. I don't know. That may take his concentration away from the math problems and just make it overwhelming. Any ideas?

Youngest son's word of the week this week is "menacing". It's not an official thing, I've just noticed him using that word a lot this week. He told me that when he gets up and sees his list of things he has to do with no marks on it yet, it's menacing, but then later after he gets a few things done, it's not so bad.

I'm reading a lot of fiction this week. I had a lovely browse in the Young Adult section of the library the other night. There weren't any young adults around so it was free and clear. I'm reading a book now called, believe it or not, Fat Cat. So far, it's pretty good. ;-)

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Have you written the numbers your son reverses at the top of his math page so he can check his writing before turning it in to you? I had a check box at the bottom of the page to show they checked their numbers. I don't know what type of math book you are using, but we used workbooks so I taped a "flip out" page that had those troublesome numbers (thus, I wasn't having to write them daily). For one child, graph paper did the trick because he had four lines to orient the numbers. I personally did not understand why this worked, but it did.

Mother Mayhem said...

Menacing. I think I like that word.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails