Friday, November 20, 2009

Fun and yummy.

I know that this has been going around the internet for a while and maybe everyone's heard of it but me, but tonight we made the 3 minute chocolate cake in a coffee mug. It was so much fun. I made mine gluten free and from what my daughter says, mine wasn't as good as theirs, but it was still very good. Here's the recipe and some pictures.





Original 3-Minute Chocolate Cake )
4 tbsp flour

4 tbsp granulated sugar

2 tbsp cocoa

1 large egg

3 tbsp milk

3 tbsp oil


In a coffee mug, mix flour, sugar, and cocoa. Add egg, milk, and oil. Mix well.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Let sit in the microwave for 3 more minutes more as the cake will still be rising and baking. Then take it out and dig in. You can also add chocolate chips. We added icing.
All you have to do to make it gluten free is use a gluten free flour. I used the rice flour and corn starch mix that is featured on http://www.glutenfreeeasily.com

3 comments:

The Gov Wants To Raise Your Children said...

Wow! Interesting we will have to try it I just don't know about cooking in the microwave but I guess it is worth a try!

Thanks for posting this!

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Your cake turned out great in the mug. Mine overflowed the first time I tried it, so I went to the bowl method. ;-) There are so many great things you can make in the microwave in a short time.

Thanks for the shout out, dear!

Shirley

Fatcat said...

It turned out wonderfully, didn't it? We baked 3 and all of them were great. The one with the gluten free flour had a slightly different texture on the outside, a little more sticky, but very yummy.

Thanks again for your site!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails