Sunday, October 04, 2009

Ch-Ch-Changes.


We are going to have to make some changes in our schedules.  My husband's work schedule went from bad to worse and now, even though we are homeschooling, he's not getting to see the kids.  The problem is the kids have been staying up late and then sleeping in.  We'll need to stop that.  I have been working until 11:00 p.m. then reading Ranger's Apprentice until midnight and then the kids read on their own until about 1:00 a.m.  and then sleep late.  From now on, I'm going to have to adjust my work schedule to earlier, bedtime earlier, getting up earlier.  It's one of those things that I'm glad we have the freedom to do, but I'm not looking forward to it.  Some of these kids are awfully grouchy in the mornings. 

And the other 2 are whiny.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That's tricky. We tend to keep a late sleep schedule too (not quite as late as you, but most people look at me in shock when I tell them my son doesn't go to bed until 10 p.m. I keep trying to move it back a bit. LOL).

We try to homeschool in accordance with my hubby's schedule, which is Sunday through Thursday. But I bet your husband's isn't as cut-and-dry as that from the sounds of it.

Hope it works out for the best!

Carolyn said...

This is a difficult task that seems to constantly need attention. My kids keep saying they are night owls (thus, an excuse for grumpies in the morning). However, their father is a night owl but his work requires him to be there before 8 a.m. and he manages to do that cheerfully. Just another aspect that allows us to work on character. My one suggestion is that you make the transition in stages.

So, when can you see your husband?

Fatcat said...

I get to see him in the mornings and on weekends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails