Friday, August 25, 2006

A solution, maybe?

I decided that the kids needed a schedule, rather than just a list of things to do, to help them have an order to do them in and a time limit to have them done by, with consequences if they don't have them done in time. They have a scheduled time for breakfast and lunch, a scheduled time for PE, math, reading and KONOS and the consequences for not doing them on time will be either extra chores or loss of privileges. I just don't want my 8 year old doing his math at 9:00 p.m. again like he was last night. I want it done during the daylight hours!

Of course if you've been reading this blog, you know I'm always scheduling and listing and so far, we haven't been too good about getting things done on time. This schedule is simple and hopefully, that will help. I'll give you all an update in a week or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to let her set her own schedule hoping that she would learn to motivate herself. Instead she has done nothing. So I think next week will be more scheduled.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails