Monday, June 22, 2020

Getting back into a routine.

I'm back at work and working 2-3 days a week.   It's nice not to have to work all the time, but I do struggle a bit with it, because every day I'm not there, I know I need to do coding.  The test is looming and I need to actually learn to code.  So far, in this course I've been doing for 8 months, I feel that I have learned very little.  It is a very poorly designed course.  I hate it.  I know that my learning style does not mesh with their "teaching" style (if you can call it that).   I pray that I will pass the test just so I can be free from it, because if I don't pass, I will feel like I have to study some more and do a second attempt.  I've already paid for a second attempt, actually, it came with th package.   So there you go.  I'm praying I'll be able to pass and be freed from the all the time either studying or feeling guilty for not studying.

This was a good weekend.  Our son called and we got to talk to him a bit.  I met a friend at a picnic pavilion and sat and talked for 4 hours!   I finished the next-to-last chapter of stupid busywork that doesn't really teach me coding and printed out the last chapter which is only a few pages.  So the end is in sight.   I got some time outside with the cats this weekend and was mosquito-free, thanks to some new mosquito traps that we bought (on the recommendation of our Mississippi daughter-in-law).   We ordered takeout for father's day and enjoyed it together last night.  That was great! 

I'm still missing Freckles quite a bit, so there's that and I did feel a bit crabby towards the end of the weekend, but I think most of that is because I'm on the early morning shift on Mondays now and have to get up at 4:30.   Blah.    I'll need to listen to praise music and cheer myself up on the way to work, that's for sure. 

Happy Monday! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails